Coaching YOU(th) was a 10 day training course designed for 30 youth workers, leaders in 13 different organizations from Georgia, Armenia, Belarus, Moldova, Portugal, Spain, Czech Republic, Germany, Poland, Latvia, Netherlands and Serbia , training that was held in Baia Mare, Romania between 16-27 April 2015 .This project is funded by European Union through Erasmus Plus program.
Coaching is a new approach to non-formal learning, which offers high-quality information content, instructions for applying the information and personal guidance in reaching the pursued goal. The aim of this project was to train youth workers in using coaching as an intervention, education and development tool, in their daily work. As coaching is becoming a more and more popular and validated approach, we consider that understanding and mastering the correct, healthy and productive structure, concepts and tools of it is imperative.
The main objectives were focused on:
– improving the skills and key competences of youth workers and young people, including those with less opportunities , intercultural dialogue, social inclusion through learning mobility of those actively involved in youth work and youth organizations through strengthened links between youth field and labor market;
– fostering quality improvements in youth work through enhanced cooperation between youth organization and other stakeholders
– enhancing the international dimension of youth activities and the role of youth workers and organizations as support structures in complementary with EU`s external action, in particular through the promotion of mobility and cooperation between organizations from Program countries and Partner countries and international organizations and through targeted capacity building in Partner countries.
– promoting young people`s social inclusion and well being, notably through project tackling the issue of youth unemployment
Coaching You(th) aimed to develop the following skills and competences:
– Emotional intelligence as a leadership tool
– Communication styles
– Personal development: establishing a fair, real and realistic relationship with yourself and with the others, digital skills
– Coaching skills that empower and support achievement of full potential
– Learn how to effectively use coaching for individuals, team and group development
– Learn examples of good coaching practice from experienced professionals from around Europe
– Get to know working style and how we can use this is order to help us and support us
– Learn and understand different approaches in coaching and use them efficiently
– Feedback, evaluation and reflection tools
Partners:YMCA (Young Men‘s Christian Association) Georgia , Armenian National Union of Young Men’s Christian Associations (YMCA Armenia)
Young Men‘s Christian Association of Belarus , CVJM-Gesamtverband in Deutschland e. V. , Associação Cristã da Mocidade de Setúbal, YMCA España
YMCA v České Republice , YMCA na Slovensku , Jaunatnes organizaciju apvieniba “IMKA Latvija” , Guvernul Tinerilor din Republica Moldova
Ognisko Zwiazku Mlodziezy Chrzescijanskiej Polska YMCA w Kurnedzu , YMCA Nederland , Centar za foto talente
The main outputs of this project is an ebook containing basic information and description of how to use coaching tools in social programs with emphasis on youth, and a network of specialized young coaches. The ebook is extremely useful for all the organizations involved as it can be used by members which have not attended the training as well, or it can help participants remember various details, instructions or settings.
Coaching Youth- establishing connection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2yCi0s3O5A
Coaching Youth- different conversation and questioning techniques: