Between September 13-17, 2016 at Ebnat-Kappel (St. Galen
Region) – Switzerland will take place the WORLD YMCA PROGRAMME INNOVATION CAMP 2016.
As part of OUR WAY strategy delivery and our focus on Youth Empowerment, the World YMCA is launching the “Programme Innovation Camp” which will focus on training and sharing of best
practices in order to scale up youth empowerment initiatives and deepen YMCA’s Involvement in strategic areas. The Innovation Camp will train and support YMCAs interested and with the mandate to extend its work through specific initiatives as follows:
1. Ten Sing Youth Leadership Development through performing arts More information on Tensing? https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0xm2tBoIJ0qX1ltdUl0bXBxdDg/view?usp=sharing
2. Youth and Parliament (YP) Civic Engagement for young people by understanding More information on YP? https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0xm2tBoIJ0qS3hmREVIcDIzNnM/view?usp=sharing
3. Employment – Saving and Investment Clubs More information on Savings and Investment Clubs? https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0xm2tBoIJ0qdS1UR3hWVHE4bzA/view?usp=sharing
4. Resource Group on the Environment
Training of Environment Activists to deepen the YMCA work on environmental issues at the national level. More information on Environmental Advocacy?“>https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0xm2tBoIJ0qVGI5R0w5ZzRCZk0/view?usp=sharing”>
For YMCA Romania we have 2 places: 1 for the module Youth&Parliament and 1 for Environment resource group.
Participants and YMCA Profiles
We are looking for YMCAs committed to work on implementing/extending those initiatives in the next 24 months. This means the sending YMCAs already have basic understanding of those initiatives and are planning on their implementation/extension. The successful candidates are volunteers or staff members of the YMCAs able to communicate in English and assigned by their YMCAs to lead pilot initiatives upon return. Participants are also expected to join an online
preparatory meeting for proper briefing and preparation. No age limit.
The participants will be divided and trained based on the programme choice and will have joint sessions on common themes such us Project Management & Leadership, Impact Assessment, and Fundraising based on peer learning methodologies. All participants are expected to contribute with their experiences on those themes.
Costs and Logistics
When: September 13-17
Where: Ebnat-Kappel (St. Galen Region) – Switzerland
Arrivals at ZHR Airport, September 13 no later than 17h
Departure from Zurich Airport not before 16h.
How much: of CHF 75 for Western Europe and to CHF 40 for Eastern Europe and Middle East
Countries. Flight costs will be covered up to CHF 320 and Visa fees fully covered.
Accommodation: Bunked beds, tents and shared bathroom. Participants need to bring sleeping
bags and towels.
Registration: Registration form + Letter of Endorsement + Copy of Passport
1. No expenditure can be executed before August 1, 2016 or no reimbursement will be possible.
2. The World YMCA plans to issue the flight tickets directly should the amount do not exceed CHF 320. Participants who do not present the boarding passes at arrival and the departure one up to 20 days after by post will have their YMCAs invoiced on the full amount. Please,
inform your preferences for us.
Registration form: http://goo.gl/forms/7ubvuzMfB4