“Youth Power Space II ” EVS project will take place in Baia Mare city and its surroundings – Cavnic, (North-West Romania) with 11 months service, between 1st of October 2018 and 31st August 2019.
The project will host 4 volunteers, from 3 countries: France, Portugal, Spain.
The project partner organizations are: Ville de Nevers(France), ProAtlântico – Associação Juvenil(Portugal), Asociación Building Bridges (Spain).
Community needs, its problems, the behavior of children and youth, their difficulties, are priorities for us, our volunteering programs being designed to respond directly to these needs, always bringing new perspectives, new understanding and approaches, promoting tolerance, equal chances, community engagement. All the programs from Cavnic (poor urban area), from Baia Mare, in the context of the #UTURN program Baia Mare- Youth Capital of Romania 2018-2019, respond not only to the existing needs but support building bridges of knowledge, confidence and trust within the local community, fostering local action. youth civic engagement. The need for such approaches has been reiterated at the UN ECOSOC Youth Forum held in January 2017 and 2018, where we had a representative in the World YMCA delegation. This year message was: “We no longer can see the youth as the future because in this way we will put in risk everybody`s future. The youth are our PRESENT, they need to act NOW, they need to raise their voice NOW, and the rest of us we need to listen NOW“. This is exactly what our project proposes, especially in the framework of #UTURN program Baia Mare- Youth Capital of Romania 2018-2019, the volunteers will have the chance to engage in various projects and programs with local reginal , national and international impact, developing their competences, but more over, creating, together with the local volunteers , the youthquake: “a significant cultural, political, or social change arising from the actions or influence of young people” ( Oxford dictionary), that is exactly developing social capital among youth, empowering youth to actively participate in society( EU Lisbon Treaty).
“Youth Power Space II ” brings together 4 EVS volunteers from France, Portugal, Spain for a period of 11 months (01.10.2018-31.08.2019) and throughout the programs to promote inclusion and civic engagement by empowering children and youth, including those with fewer opportunities to become Change Agents, supporting diversity, tolerance, initiative, critical thinking, equality, initiative to create a society build on the principles of democracy and respect for human rights.
– inclusive programs for children and young people with fewer opportunities in Baia Mare, Cavnic, foster care homes, Hungarian school
– own workshops Youth Power Space
– leadership and civic engagement education, human rights, No Hate Speech
– YMCA Youth Parliament program on civic engagement
– Romanian language course
– media and ITC workshops
– involvement in all the YMCA programs and projects
– meetings with youth from other NGOs.
-#UTurn – National Youth Capital projects 2018-2019
– 2019 summer camps involvement
The volunteers will receive several trainings about the organization, the different programs, teambuilding, on non formal education, working with children and youth, civic engagement, civic education, conflict management, leadership, time management, intercultural education, human rights, etc.
The program is extremely varied, with activities, participatory methods that stimulate learning, creativity, active involvement, initiative, reflection.
Who can participate?
Young people with age between 18-30 who:
– are citizens or legal residents of the partner organization countries
– are enthusiastic , willing to share knowledge, abilities, creativity
– are interested and motivated to implement social inclusion and civic engagement programs/activities
– are dedicated to this volunteering opportunity , determined to create a successful service
– are interested to organize different programs and events with and for youth
– are interested about non formal educational
– have basic English knowledge
– are facing difficulties : socially, economically, geographically, unemployment, school drop out, coming from minority community, from single parent family, from conflict area, foster care, etc.
Volunteers will be accommodated in one house/apartment with shared rooms (2 persons per room), kitchen, bathroom. The house/apartment will be equipped with all necessary utilities for living. Volunteers are responsible of keeping the apartment and rooms clean. Internet will be provided in the house and in the office.
More details about the project, the volunteering service and hosting country: YouthPowerSpaceII_Infopack_Volunteering-Romania
Application form: YouthPowerSpaceIIRomaniaVolunteeringProject_Application form
The deadline to apply is 15 th July 2018.
Send your CV and fill the application form to email@example.com till 15.07.2018.
The project is funded by European Union through Erasmus Plus Program.